Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Literary Hangman
Rules of the game.

Classic hangman, but the 'words' must be titles of books

Someone guesses a letter or the title by making that the post. Only the first post counts. Then the executioner either fills in that letter in each place it should be within the roster, or places a letter of 'H A N G E D' underneath the roster when the letter does not appear within the title. After every post by the executioner, the first next post counts as a guess.
If 'hanged' is formed completely, the executioner wins. If the title is guessed, the audience wins. Either the executioner or the one who guesses the title becomes the new executioner and poses a new challenge.

At the end, when each round is won by either side, the executioner reveals the title and a quote or passage from said book.

I'll start

- - - - - - - - -
(05-31-2018, 05:29 AM)Mr. Obvious Wrote: Rules of the game.

Someone guesses a letter or the title by making that the post. Only the first post counts. Then the executioner either fills in that letter in each place it should be within the roster, or places a letter of 'H A N G E D' underneath the roster when the letter does not appear within the title. After every post by the executioner, the first next post counts as a guess.
If 'hanged' is formed completely, the executioner wins. If the title is guessed, the audience wins. Either the executioner or the one who guesses the title becomes the new executioner and poses a new challenge.

At the end, when each round is won by either side, the executioner reveals the title and a quote or passage from said book.

I'll start

- - - - - - - - -
No clues?
(05-31-2018, 08:10 AM)beldob Wrote:

I'll start

- - - - - - - - -
No clues?

Fair enough.

Small.

- - - - - - - - -
(05-31-2018, 08:14 AM)Mr. Obvious Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 08:10 AM)beldob Wrote:

I'll start

- - - - - - - - -
No clues?

Fair enough.

Small.

- - - - - - - - -

OK...  First letter "M"
- - - - - - - - -

H

Tried letters: M
Give me an E
(05-31-2018, 11:33 PM)Duff Moss Wrote: Give me an E