Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing Challenge - Round 3
OK peeps. Lets see what you've got this round. This week's words have been provided by our resident site creator/administrator and all round purveyor of awesomesauce Shelob.

Inspired by crappy weather she has suggested:
Bird
Soggy Leaves.

So as always, in one week time I will open the results thread, titled "Writing Challenge - Round 3: Results"

Looking forward to see what you come up with
Dang. It's been a week? Okay, I promise I'll get last week's challenge written soon.
I'll give it a bash Big Grin
I'll see what I can come up with.
Katie M
So I was working on this weeks challenge, was almost done when I realised I had gotten the challenge words wrong. I had been convinced they were ' wet bird and dry leaves'.
Bahaha
So how does this work? Can we right anything we want as long as it starts with Bird and Soggy Leaves?
It doesn't even have to start with bird and soggy leaves. They just have to contain those words/phrases. You can then write anything you want.
So, this is just off the top of my head.

The bird with brown feathers, sees the soggy leaves, sees his decrepit empty nest.
He wants something more.
So he flies and flies. He doesn't know where he's going.
The edge of the sky looks closer and closer.
But his wings tire. He can't keep this up.
Exhausted he falls.
He lands in the pile of wet, soggy, filthy leaves.
He's so tired he falls asleep. The soggy leaves are somehow comforting.
He dreams of a place beyond the sky.
(05-18-2018, 10:13 PM)The Scarred ElectroBard Wrote: So, this is just off the top of my head.

The bird with brown feathers, sees the soggy leaves, sees his decrepit empty nest.
He wants something more.
So he flies and flies. He doesn't know where he's going.
The edge of the sky looks closer and closer.
But his wings tire. He can't keep this up.
Exhausted he falls.
He lands in the pile of wet, soggy, filthy leaves.
He's so tired he falls asleep. The soggy leaves are somehow comforting.
He dreams of a place beyond the sky.

Thanks Scarred ElcectroBard...can you however post your entry in the results thread. It's just gone up. I put up the challenge and give everyone a week to write something, then I open the results thread. Keeps it all together and makes it easy for us to read each others responses.