Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan, president
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban apologized Thursday to Trayvon Martins family over his choice of words in a videotaped interview in which he addressed bigotry and prejudice. Cuban even revealed some of his own prejudices in the interview with Inc. magazine, and said he believes everyone has "prejudices and bigotries" on some level. But after his words — which came with the NBA still dealing with the fallout over racist remarks made by now-banned Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling — created a stir in social media and other circles, Cuban took to Twitter to offer his apology. "In hindsight I should have used different examples," Cuban wrote. "I didnt consider the Trayvon Martin family, and I apologize to them for that." Cuban also said he stands by the substance of the interview. Martin was the black Florida teen who was shot and killed by neighbourhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in February 2012. Martin was wearing a hooded sweatshirt — commonly called a "hoodie" — that night, and that particular piece of clothing became a rallying cry for those who demanded justice. Zimmerman was eventually acquitted. "Were all prejudiced in one way or the other," Cuban said in the Inc. interview. "If I see a black kid in a hoodie and its late at night, Im walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, theres a guy that has tattoos all over his face — white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere — Im walking back to the other side of the street. And the list goes on of stereotypes that we all live up to and are fearful of." When shown that excerpt of the interview Thursday, Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat cringed. "Its just a sensitive time," Bosh said. Cuban has not revealed how he will vote on June 3, when NBA owners are scheduled to cast ballots on a motion to oust Sterling and force him to sell the Clippers. Cuban has called the comments made by Sterling "abhorrent," adding that there is "no place for racism in the NBA, any business Im associated with." Cuban has, however, cautioned that the Sterling matter is a "very slippery slope." "While we all have our prejudices and bigotries, we have to learn that its an issue that we have to control," Cuban told Inc. "Its part of my responsibility as an entrepreneur to try to solve it, not just to kick the problem down the road because it does my company no good, does my customers no good, does society no good if my response to somebody and their racism or bigotry is to say Its not right for you to be here, go take your attitude somewhere else." Cuban also told Inc. that he knows he is not perfect, and that "its not appropriate for me to throw stones." The magazine has a 2 1/2-minute clip of Cuban speaking about the topics on its website, along with about an hourlong appearance — with the Mavs owner discussing many matters — at its Growco Conference in Nashville on Wednesday. "Were a lot less tolerant of different views and its not necessarily easy for everybody to adopt or adapt or evolve," Cuban said. Air Force 1 Basse Italia . Speaking on Leafs Lunch with Bryan Hayes and Jamie McLennan on Thursday, Bernier said it was "very hard" at times being entrenched behind Jonathan Quick and is now excited at the prospect of getting an opportunity to compete with Reimer for the top spot with the Leafs. Air Force 1 Alte Bianche Outlet .com) - Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh called Joe Flacco the NFLs best quarterback last week. http://www.airforce1outletitalia.it/scon...-1-sp.html. There is no argument that the line of Pacioretty, David Desharnais and Thomas Vanek was one of the hottest in the NHL leading into the post-season, and they did combine for three goals and seven points, but it was the depth of all four lines that helped propel Montreal. Nike Sf Air Force 1 Mid Uomo Scarpe . Erik Logan, president of the network, said Friday that the postponement was made after meetings with the St. Louis Rams. Sf Air Force 1 Mid Bianche .com) - The San Francisco Giants delivered plenty of big hits to tie the World Series.Kansas City, KS - D.C. United moved to the top of the Eastern Conference on Saturday after scoring three times in the span of seven first-half minutes to secure a 3-0 win at Sporting Kansas City. Fabian Espindola started the scoring surge in the 24th minute before Chris Rolfe added a second goal four minutes later. Perry Kitchen then made it 3-0 in the 31st and the visitors coasted home there to claim a sixth win in eight games, moving the club one point clear of Sporting. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid produced a fine diving save on Sportings Benny Feilhaber nine minutes into the match to keep his team level, and the visitors took over shortly after that with Espindola scoring on a fine curling effort after creating space. Luis Silva set up the second goal in the 28th with a chipped ball that released Rolfe in behind the defense after he beat the offside trap.dddddddddddd. The forward was left along with goalkeeper Jon Kempin and he easily slotted his shot past the netminder to double the lead. Kitchen made it 3-0 to United in the 31st when he made a nice run past Sporting defender Aurelien Collin and took a pass from Rolfe that he lashed past Kempin at the near post. Nick DeLeon struck the woodwork in the 53rd as the visitors continued to threaten, while Sportings Graham Zusi hammered a shot off the crossbar from 25 yards. Uniteds David Estrada was denied the post in the final few minutes, but the result was already well in hand and United sits on top of the conference this late in the season for the first time since 2007. ' ' '