Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
get a lot of good looks
TSNs Jack Armstrong offers his thoughts on the Terence Jones steady and emerging play for the Houston Rockets, Kawai Leonard and the returning health of the San Antonio Spurs, LeBron James as a team-first player, and the sad news that Steve Nash may be out for the year. 1. TERENCE JONES (Rockets): Nice win for the Rockets vs. the Heat Tuesday and a nice story thats developed this year for their team is the steady play of Jones. Hes averaging close to 12ppg and 7rpg at the power forward spot. He has the motor and gives it his all each night and is one of those guys you dont have to run a bunch of plays for and is consistent. He compliments Dwight Howard quite well and has been one of those quiet players who doesnt get lots of publicity yet and does his job effectively in a winning environment. 2. KAWAI LEONARD (Spurs): With Leonard back in the lineup you look at the Spurs experiencing good health and start asking yourself how far they can go. Hes a very good all-around player who they really missed. He guards and rebounds and can make all the shots. With him in the lineup, it seems when I watch this team that everyone is settled again in their roles and they look like a team that is gearing up for another run. Amazing what good health does to the chemistry of a team. 3. KLAY THOMPSON (Warriors): Thomas had a tough game on Sunday in Toronto yet had a wonderful bounce back effort against the Pacers and hit the game winner to compliment his 25 points for the evening. I love his shooting ability and he rebounds pretty well for a 2 guard. He has great size and incredible range and has gotten more comfortable creating his own shot off the bounce. Still a bit inconsistent here and there but if he was a stock, Id say buy! His best days are ahead of him. 4. LeBRON JAMES (Heat): Congrats on the 61 points he put up on Monday vs the Bobcats. I was a bit surprised it came against them, theyre a very good defensive team. Honestly, he could get 40+ points every night if he really just focused on that part of his game. Thankfully, hes a top-notch team player and makes all the smart/winning plays.  More importantly, I caught his comments about wanting to return to Cleveland for the jersey retirement ceremony for his former teammate, Zydrunas Ilgauskas. It was a class gesture and I hope it happens. Whatever you want to say about his departure from Cleveland and it was poorly handled; he does get it as far as the value of team and his relationships with teammates. He respects the game and respects that everyone is in it together. 5. STEVE NASH (Lakers): I heard the news that its not looking good for his return the remainder of this season. Sad news. You look at the growth of basketball in Canada right now and its a joy to watch. Nash, as we all know, has done so much and will continue to do a great deal for the growth of the sport across the country but its kind of a bittersweet moment in time right now watching the sport explode with so many talented young players yet watching such a great player and proud man at the end of his career. It ends for everyone at some point and fingers crossed, he leaves on his terms. He deserves that and a whole lot more. Class act.  Jordy Nelson Jersey . Blatter, a 75-year-old Swiss executive who has been in office since 1998, was handed a final four-year term as head of footballs governing body in a vote at FIFAs congress. He won 186 votes out of 203 ballots. Kenny Clark Jersey . According the CSNBayArea.com, the 31-year-old suffered an ACL injury in his right knee on Friday when he collided with Anaheims Emerson Etem during a pre-season game. http://www.custompackersjersey.com/custo...-872r.html. -- One shot came out of bottom of a cactus, the other from the base of a desert bush with rocks scattered around it. James Lofton Jersey . JOHNS, N. David Beverly Jersey . The Italian football federation announced the appointment, three days after new president Carlo Tavecchio was elected. Tavecchio and Conte spoke on the phone early Thursday.DENVER -- The sudden resurgence of the Denver Nuggets has a lot to do with Randy Foyes surprising scoring punch. Foye had a season-high 24 points and the Nuggets beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 101-88 Thursday night for their fourth win in a row after an eight-game losing streak. It was the second time in two games that Foye, who hit six 3-pointers, established a season high. He was coming off a 23-point effort in which he made seven 3s in Denvers victory over the Boston Celtics on Tuesday. "I think its from my preparation, just understanding that every single day, no matter if I make six 3s in a game or seven, that I have to come in the next day and be ready to work," said Foye, who had struggled to find the range from beyond the arc earlier this season. "You put yourself in situations, if you work and do the right things, so that when you get in a game, nothing is foreign to you." All that work on polishing his perimeter shot has been paying off. Foye has made 17 of 29 3-point attempts during Denvers winning streak. His latest effort helped the Nuggets overcome Kevin Durants 30 points as Denver beat the Thunder for the first time in three tries this season. The teams meet a final time in Oklahoma City on March 24. Quincy Miller, making his first career start, had nine points while playing in place of Wilson Chandler, who remains day to day after straining his left groin against Boston, the team said. "To beat a team like that, without Wilson and having young guys in there and not being that deep on the bench, was huge," Foye said. Evan Fournier had 19 points, including four 3-pointers, and Ty Lawson added 16 points and 14 assists for Denver. Kenneth Faried grabbed 14 rebounds. Fournier said he fed off Foyes offensive output and the up-tempo pace set by Lawson. "It gives you confidence, and the crowd was great tonight. The passing game was great," Fournieer said.dddddddddddd "I had a lot of wide-open shots that made the work a lot easier." Reggie Jackson scored 13 and Derek Fisher 12 for the Thunder. Serge Ibaka, who missed Tuesday nights 112-101 loss at Utah because of flu-like symptoms, had eight points and 10 rebounds in his return. "Tonight, we didnt get a lot of good looks offensively and we didnt move the ball well enough," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "We took a lot of tough shots and our timing wasnt where it needs to be and we missed a lot of 3s. "Everything that happened tonight is correctable, which is good. Its not that we had issues. The fact is, everything that we did wrong tonight we can go back and get better." The Thunder missed their first 10 shots from 3-point range before Jackson and Durant each connected from beyond the arc on successive possessions, pulling Oklahoma City to 72-59. Denver answered with several 3s over the next 6 minutes. Foye and Fournier hit two apiece, Lawson converted a three-point play and the Nuggets extended their lead to 89-66 by the end of the third quarter. Overall, the Nuggets outscored the Thunder 29-15 in the third to build a 23-point lead heading into the final period. Oklahoma City didnt make a significant dent in Denvers advantage the rest of the way. Despite getting 24 points from Durant in the first half, the Thunder trailed 60-51. After Durant made a pair of free throws to pull Oklahoma City to 50-47 with 2:22 left in the second quarter, the Nuggets closed with a 10-4 burst punctuated by Lawsons 3-pointer from the top of the key in the waning moments of the period. NOTES: Durant scored 30 or more points for the 19th time this season. ... The Thunder lost consecutive games for the third time this season. ... Lawson has had five consecutive double-doubles, the longest such streak of his career. ... Foye has scored in double figures in seven straight games. ' ' '