Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Writing Challenge - Round 6
Hey everybody...last round was pretty dead. I guess everyone is just very busy these days. Oh well. I'll keep it up for a few weeks more and see if there's still any interest. I hope so...

For this round, I'm suggesting we write something using the words:

Red Lid
&
Construction

Hope to see at least a few responses this round.
We need to start shaming these people into activity. Big Grin I'm on vacation this week, so you might not see anything from me, but I promise I'm still interested. I'll try to find a way to promote this place, but if the old gang really isn't interested in chatting with each other anymore, it might be a moot point. *sad face*
(06-25-2018, 11:51 AM)VShelob Wrote: We need to start shaming these people into activity. Big Grin I'm on vacation this week, so you might not see anything from me, but I promise I'm still interested. I'll try to find a way to promote this place, but if the old gang really isn't interested in chatting with each other anymore, it might be a moot point. *sad face*

It surprises me. Everyone kept saying they’d missed the old forum...and you put in this awesome effort to set this up. It is sad.
It's okay. It didn't take me that long, and we can always just keep it up in other ways if they don't want to hang out.
Bel stumbles into the thread out of breath, "Sorry I'm late, got caught up in a mystery unfolding i. our community". Bel flops down on the floor. Someone's been messing arou d our homes every night for a week now and no one can catch them in the act"
Bel grinds her teeth, "If I get my hands on them... oooo. There is gonna be troouble..."
I'll have a go at this weeks words though. You say the words are peanut butter and. building, right?" Bel takes a deep breath and stands up. " Alrighty then, I'm off to check the locks and chains. Then there's the ironing bundle to get through, Shadow of War, I am now able to recrjit Orcs for my army.. whoop, whoop. oh yeah and my puzzle to build, I have decided to concentrate on the rock today.... oh hey, construction... oh idea alert.". picture a lightbulb here.
Ok, I have officially forgotten why I popped in here.".
oh well, see ya all later.
Bel waves at her fellow bojackers and....
Hahahha - Bel's gone nuts!
Yep. She's in third-person mode. This can't be good.

I've been keeping up with that on Facebook. That's fucked up, Bel.
"Hi ya all" Bel yawns, "Sorry, haven't slept in a while. Too busy listening for strange noises and peeping out of the windows.". "I think I'll be a fully trained peeping tom by the end of this" Bel sighs and glances at her watch, "A couple of our neighbours spent the night patrolling the perimeter. Said they caught three men looking over the wall. They sent them on their way. The police can do nothing because they were just looking.". Bel looks out the window at the 8foot high walls surrounding her house. "I guess we will need to put some sort of metal spikes on top of those walls... I wonder if the prisons are as fortified.".
Bel shakes her head and turns to Duff and Shelob, "So how you all doing? "
Doing pretty well! Getting all packed up for a trip to Maine. I hate getting ready for vacations, but there you have it.
So you know when you're kids and fighting and you say to your sibling, my arms are swinging around and if you get in the way of them then I'm not responsible for what happens...then proceed to walk towards things swinging your arms. Could you perhaps do the same thing with flamethrowers while you walk the perimeter?